Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time Heals

Contentment is a hard thing to achieve I think. At last I feel content, even happy, to have an only child. Over the last couple of months I've realized that instead of hoping that I'm pregnant "this month" I find myself hoping that I'm not or at least thinking "it would be really inconvenient to be pregnant this month". I can't even believe I just typed that out. Me of all people hoping that I'm NOT pregnant. Who IS this person! I can only attribute this new emotional state to God's loving care. There is no way this would have happened without God's healing power.

I was sitting in Madeline's music class yesterday (for ages 0-5) and there was a cute 8 month old next to us. Instead of thinking "I should have one about that age" like I used to, I just thought "what a cute little girl". I appreciate all of the wonderful things my child can do now. She does her business on the potty, she can tell me what's wrong, what she wants to do and how she's feeling in general. Madeline can help me around the house and is constantly learning new things. The best thing of all is we're all finally sleeping well.

So there it is in case anyone was wondering. ;)

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

Oh, Shannon... Thanks for sharing your tender heart with us. I'm glad that you are being able to "breathe" a little more now.

I admire your contentment.