Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to blogging?

I just realized it's been almost exactly a year since I've posted anything on here. Boy have things changed!

Lets back track to October of 2009. I was very content with having our one beautiful, smart, energetic 2 year old. We had accepted that she would be our one and only. For some reason this month I prayed one last time for a 2nd child. Fast forward to early November and I was feeling like I might be pregnant. I thought no way! I'd prayed that prayer so so many times. It couldn't be that easy could it? When I was brave enough I trudged out to the store and bought a pregnancy test. I remember I had to take Madeline to her library class that morning. So I took the test and left the house. I couldn't even look at it. haha Got home and yep positive. I think I took one more just to make sure.

A few days later I called the doctor and made an appointment for around 6 weeks. It was a very nerve wracking couple of weeks waiting for that appointment. The last time we had gotten pregnant without help it didn't turn out so well. I requested Eric's presence for the appointment this time. I couldn't handle not seeing a heartbeat alone again. By the grace of God I saw that little flicker immediately. I just knew everything was going to be ok this time.

I can't say that I wasn't nervous the entire pregnancy or that it was easy, but our precious miracle, Duncan Luke is now here with us. We are so so grateful for him.

Now that he is here our family is complete.

Some other things have changed since last I posted too. We pulled our house off the market in January because I just couldn't keep up with the cleaning being pregnant and having a 2 year old. It was way too stressful for me. We've decided to just stay put, at least for the foreseeable future. We also decided to put Madeline in preschool this year. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to teach her the things we felt she needed to learn while having a newborn. We enrolled her in Montessori school for the year. I think we'll take her out next year and homeschool her though. we shall see.

Kid stats: Madeline 3 years old, about 40 inches and 35 pounds
Duncan Luke 7 weeks old, 25 inches and 12ish pounds

Can't wait to see what this next year brings! I think I'll post Duncan's birth story on my next entry.

No comments: