Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Preschool woes.

Madeline loves, LOVES school. Me? Not so much. It's not because I have a hard time with her being away for 3 hours. I enjoy my away from M time. I can get things done. It comes down to control. I do not like not having a say in what she's doing/learning. It bother me that I don't know what goes on there during the day. I don't like our after school conversations that go something like this:

Me, "what did you do in school today?"
M, " i don't know"
Me, "did you do any math?"
M, "no, I had a snack''
Me, " did you do anything else?"
M, " I painted a picture of [random object, submarine castle ect. as she hand me a picture of lines. my daughter is not gifted in art lol]
Me, "what are your friends names?"
M, "I don't know and I didn't do any numbers or letters today either".
Me, pulls my hair out and wonders why we spent all that money to send her.

We're giving it another week before we talk to her teacher about what she's doing during the day.

1 comment:

Beth said...

It's tough. I think that was the hardest thing about sending the boys to school was losing the total infuence I had over them. It was hard, but eventually I discovered that I lived for the weekly newsletter. I used that to ask questions and eventually I started getting answers. It helped that I used to teach, so I knew a little already about how to prompt them. Good luck!
Beth