Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Read this to catch up on the last 19+ months.

I have no idea where my last blog stopped. It was probably sometime after we got the exciting news that the IVF worked. The pregnancy was fairly easy. We had one scare around 19.5 weeks, but all was well. We found out that night that we were having a girl. Eric (my husband) just could not wait to know. His desire to know outweighed my desire to not know so we found out. I did develop gestational diabetes. Luckily I didn't have my gestational diabetes test until after Christmas. That would have been a bummer. We muddled through and on March 28th, 2007 at exactly 9pm (I know this because Lost, my favorite show, was just about to start) my water broke. Since I am a nurse I know all the bad things that can happen while in labor so we headed right to the hospital. I was not taking a chance with our little miracle. I had a pretty easy labor, although it was a little long. At around 6am on March 29th Pitocin was started to help me progress. I got an epidural around 1pm, I think. Madeline Claire Olson joined our family at 5:15pm on March 29th. She was perfect in every way. She had gorgeous blue eyes and a bunch of dark hair. We left the hospital 2 days later. I know you're wondering what the first thing we did when we got home was. We watched Lost. LOL

Madeline was such a good baby. We had issues with breastfeeding so she was bottle fed with formula after the first tough month was over. She also had reflux so was on a special formula and eventually some medication. The reflux suddenly disappeared around 10 months. She also struggled with ear infections off and on that first winter. She took her first steps on her 1st birthday.

Ever since those first steps she's been on the go. She now climbs, jumps and dances (her favorite thing) She can be naughty at times but is perfect. We couldn't ask for a better child!

No comments: