Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mental snapshot

Thanksgiving is now over. We had a nice Thanksgiving in Michigan. Madeline got to play with her great grandma. She also had her first pumpkin pie which she loved. She especially loved the whipped cream. Madeline grabbed a big handful of whipped cream and then tried to get everyone around the table to eat it. First she tried Nana, then Great nana, and then went around the table. When there were no takers she tried getting the waitress to eat it. She wouldn't try any turkey but I don't blame her. It looked a bit under cooked.

When we got home from Michigan the other grandpa and grandma were here. We left Madeline and Eric at home and went shopping at 4am. I was able to get a cricut. It is AMAZING! I'm gonna have so much fun making things on it. I can even make gift bags with the machine!

On Saturday, we put up our outside decorations. Madeline was more interested in playing with her lawn mower and car then helping. So since we all know that I am the handy one I ended up putting the deer and penguin together by myself while Eric chased after Madeline. Eric tried putting the penguin together but luckily I caught him before he finished or we'd have a penguin with upside down wings .

Today we put the lights on our tree. We had Madeline help put the ornaments on. We collect ornaments every year for the different life situations we are in. I teared up remembering how our life has changed. I smiled with delight as Madeline put her ornaments on the tree. I remembered how hard it was the 2 years before we were pregnant celebrating a Holiday that is all about a baby. I recalled 2 years ago when I was able to put that wonderful "expecting" ornament on the tree, and last year as we celebrated Madeline's first Christmas. Even though there are still 25 days until Christmas, this year is already 10 times better then last year. Madeline is now old enough to help and understand the basics of Christmas. She oohed at the "pretty" tree lights and loves everything Santa. She can spot Santa from about a mile away. We are learning "Away in a Manger" and "Happy Birthday" so we can sing it to Jesus on Christmas. In the coming weeks we will go see all the Christmas lights, make a gingerbread "choo choo" and maybe even make some construction paper garland.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This coming week we will celebrate Eric's 32nd birthday and Sinterklaas. On Friday night, (December 5th) we will put our wooden shoes out in hopes that Sinterklaas will pay us a visit. We can't wait!

No comments: