Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Overnight.

Why is it that kids seem to grow up overnight? Madeline learns so quickly and sometimes I think she learns in her sleep. Overnight she went from speaking one word "sentences" to complete long sentences. Here's an example: 2 weeks ago she would just say "happy" meaning Happy Birthday. Last week she was saying "Happy Birthday". By the time her birthday rolled around she was saying "Happy Birthday Madeline", and "happy birthday to me"

I also can't believe her memory. I wish I still had her memory. She has never really named her animals... until now. A few weeks ago I was being silly and named on of her puppies "Bobo". We needed a way to distinguish between them. I thought nothing of it. About a week ago she starts calling him "Bobo". She remembered his name from the one or two times I called him that. She is not into naming all of her animals. She even named her Mr. and Mrs. Potato heads yesterday. They are now called "salt" and "pepper" a la Blue's Clues. So everything has a name these days.

Madeline is also starting to use pro nouns correctly. She uses you, me, us, them, ect. She is very curious and always asks, "What are you doing, mama?" or "what is he doing?".

She counts from 1 to 13 pretty consistently and is even working on her alphabet. For some reason she just doesn't like to learn the letters but is willing to try now at least.

Tomorrow is her 2 year check up. I'm interested in seeing how she's doing. I think she's about 36 inches and 28 pounds. We shall see tomorrow.

No comments: